Our School Uniform
STUDENT UNIFORM EXPECTATIONS
The uniform at Infant Jesus School is a symbol of the schools community and it assists children to develop a sense of unity and belonging. Wearing the school uniform encourages a sense of personal pride in and the school. Whenever the uniform is worn at school or public places it must be worn in accordance with the school policy.
Children at Infant Jesus are expected to wear full school uniform at all times. A Uniform Schedule is available on the school Web page or from the school office. The uniform is a major investment by parents and it is important that ALL clothing should be clearly marked with the child’s name.
Children are expected to be well groomed and have a sense of pride in their appearance. Children are expected to look clean, neat and tidy at all times.
- For health reasons all shoulder length hair needs to be tied back securely. If hair is longer than the bottom of the collar, it must be completely tied back with an elastic band in school colours.
- The school colours of blue and white should be used when using ribbon.
- Children’s haircuts need to be conservative and appropriate to uniform expectations.
- Hair must be a natural colour. Extremes in hair colour and styles are not acceptable.
- Children should avoid excessive use of hair gel or hair products.
- Dreadlocks or coloured beads are not permitted.
- Excessively short hair is not permitted. A cut shorter than a number three is unacceptable.
- Hair must be clean, brushed and kept off the face.
JEWELLERY / MAKE-UP
- Children should not wear valuable jewellery to school. Apart from the fact that it can be lost or broken it is a distraction to themselves and others around them.
- For safety reasons the only acceptable earrings are studs. Children who wear studs may wear only one in each ear.
- Make up and nail polish is not to be worn while in school uniform.
Children and parents are asked to ensure that no toys, sport equipment, mobile phones or personal items are brought to school as no responsibility can be taken for them.